A big thank you to all my followers

Saturday 15 August 2015

Muse 128








(I love Michele's card this week for the Muse challenge, there is something so crisp and clean with the vellum and the colours,don't you think?)

When I popped over to her blog to have a closer look I read that she was challenging us to emboss...Weeeell I am really not an embossing folder type of person I must admit, but I went to the basket were there resides quite a few unloved embossing folders!
I then set about trying to emboss ...the darn things have a mind of there own! they emboss squint -nothing to do with me they went in straight!
So then I thought that i would try the technique that Michele had wrote to me about ,tap a hammer on the embossing folder to emboss random parts,what could be easier???
( Btw Michele you are right hit it too hard and it cracks)
Then I found this houndstooth one and it did start off squint but started big and kept diecutting it til it was straight...bored?? so was I by this time!

Returned to the fray with renewed energy after a cuppa and diecut out the W9 happy  twice so that it would have a shadow,same with the  CBballoons .To add the strings I used a bit of silver Christmas ribbon.Popped it up on foam and dimensional tape ,stepped back and you know what ....I actually thought that little bit of embossing just set the card off nicely....so Michele you might just have converted me !

Thanks for taking the time to look !!
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love how you were inspired...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Love the black peeping out - it provides lots of definition! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni... may I please say that every single moment, of every single effort [besides the hammer bit] was well worth it. This is phenomenal - it puts my original to shame. Have you any idea how much I love hounds-tooth? Well now I must have that folder - is this the one from SU? Thank you, Jenni, so much, for playing cards with me at Muse this week, and for giving those embossing folders the love they deserve...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!! The houndstooth embossed background looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Jenni ... the sentiment peeking out each side of that gorgeous (and so worth the effort!) embossing is fabulous ... the touch of black really makes the green pop! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card. Super colours and I like the black shadow. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!